On this day, 28 years ago, I was hospitalized (about two weeks) for meningitis. My mom says she picked me up from daycare, with a fever that refused to break. After awhile, she rushed me to #CHOA where she was told that she arrived just in time. Apparently, my neck was beginning to pull back, preparing to snap, and therefore ending my life.
By Gods mercy and grace, I'm still here.
Many people wonder why I put so much trust and faith into my beliefs, this is only partially why. When your life is spared, who do you give thanks to? When your provisions are met for reasons that you can't even begin to explain, who do you give thanks to? When you're blinded by your circumstances, and you wonder when they will end, who do you pray to?
You may not believe in my God. You may not believe that his word (bible) is true. You may not believe that even through your trials, that you are still blessed beyond measure. But guess what, at least I believe in something. At least I have chosen a path. I thank God as often as I can for saving my life. I thank him saving me from myself. I thank him for giving me something to believe in.
As I get closer to my 30th bday tomorrow, I look back over everything that has happened leading up to this point. From the good and bad, I'm thankful to have experienced it. That is why I am who I am today. I love you and I pray that you are living a purpose driven life. #Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment